Self-leadership and personal development
This programme aims to help the learners to grow holistically – emotionally, intellectually and socially. The learners are encouraged to practice independence, in all aspects of their lives but especially when it comes to learning.
The learners have been introduced to the following concepts
- Bulungula College motto – “Umntu ngumntu ngabantu”
- Grade 10 values – Respect, Responsibility, Initiative, Collaboration and Independence
- The Bulungula College Guiding Question – What is my learning agenda? (What do I need to learn right now?)
- Journaling as a tool for reflection and setting goals.
Other focuses of the self-leadership programme
- Inviting guest speakers on prospective careers so that students can make well-informed career choices.
- Forming clubs and societies – where they will have to do activities that will help them develop holistically – debate, music, drama etc
- Leadership sessions to ensure that student leaders can lead effectively.